Winter is right around the corner! While you might love the crisp weather and flavors of fall, there are some things that may not be your favorite during the cooler months. As the weather gets cooler, it can be a challenge to spend time outdoors. You might be discouraged because you have to bundle up to go outside.
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to get active and enjoy the outdoors, even if it’s not warm and sunshiny anymore. While you might have to bundle up a little bit, you can still enjoy yourself. Take a look at these top ways to stay active in the autumn months and find a new favorite activity!
5 ways to stay active in cold weather
- Go on a hike. Fall is the perfect time to check out a new hiking trail. Head to your local park and spend some time soaking in the fall foliage. This is a good way to spend quality time with a friend or family member too. If there is snow on the ground, go snowshoeing!
- Sign up for a holiday 5K. As fall approaches, so do plenty of holidays. During the holidays, there are many holiday-themed races. You can run or walk at these events. Plus, if you commit to something like a race, you’re more likely to put in time to prepare for the big day. If there aren’t any events near you, make your own 5k!
- Try out at-home workouts. If you’re used to running or walking outside, you are eventually going to have to move your exercise routines indoors. Rest assured that you can still get a great workout from the comfort of your home. Look for workout videos or invest in a few pieces of home gym equipment. I personally do Beachbody videos nearly every day of the week – and have so for over 10 years! Tons of variety and phenomenal workouts for a cheap price annually! Its like having a personal trainer on speed dial!
- Take part in a winter sport or activity! Ice skating, downhill or cross-country skiing, or even sledding! Hiking up the hill is a lot of work!
- Make autumn chores more fun. If you have to do things like raking leaves, you should make it more enjoyable. Get the whole family involved or turn on your favorite music. Not only will you be taking care of your yard, but you will also be getting a good workout in.
Cold weather is no reason to stop being active. Find fun ways indoors and outdoors to keep your body moving this season! Getting outdoors is important – even in the cold! Sunshine, fresh air, and exposure to nature’s nutrients all help you stay healthy!
No matter how difficult it may be to stay healthy and active in the fall and winter, it’s important to keep up your hard work. Don’t forget to bundle up before you head out when the weather is crisp.
Ready to take your health to a whole new level, bust plateaus, and prepare for a fabulous 2022 ahead? Schedule your deep dive health assessment today!