In this video we’re talking all about Nutrition Therapy – what it is, who it’s for, how it’s different from other health professions.
- Not just about food, but it’s a holistic approach to helping your body heal itself.
- Nutrition Therapy is a fully customized approach, NOT a cookie cutter diet plan or about obsessively counting/weighing/tracking calories or macros.
- It is about giving your body the RIGHT tools and removing any interference to health.
Watch Now: What is Nutrition Therapy
Health-Span and Life-Span are Declining
Millions of people struggle to lose weight, constantly suffer from chronic symptoms and feel like they are fighting a losing battle. For many, this is because the underlying problem isn’t being addressed – metabolic health.
Sadly, most doctors don’t have any training in nutrition or lifestyle strategies, and even fewer know how to treat the root causes of disease and disorder. Even if you find one who does understand, their primary mechanism of treatment will rely on medications to control symptoms, but medications don’t repair the damage. The underlying problem continues.
What is Nutrition Therapy?
Nutrition Therapists take an integrative approach by addressing all aspects of health that contribute to poor metabolic health including diet, exercise, gut health and stress management. We use information from your medical and lifestyle history, your current health status, and your future goals to create the best strategy for you to help your body heal itself.
The process is fully customized based YOU. There is no one-size-fits all approach. My role as your Nutrition Therapist Master is to make research-backed recommendations. Your role is to decide for YOU which recommendations are right for you.
It’s a journey.
And one without judgment.
How does Nutrition Therapy Differ From Medical Nutrition Therapy?
Medical Nutrition Therapy is typically applied to patients in the hospital actively dealing with disease or injury.
Nutrition Therapy is applied to clients not in a hospital setting. Clients may be dealing with a chronic illness or another health goal.
How is a Nutrition Therapist Different from other Nutrition Professionals?
There are many titles used amongst nutrition professionals – and they mean different things – registered dietitian, nutritionist, nutrition therapist, health coach.
Registered Dietitians are required to have college degrees, conduct an internship and take a comprehensive exam in order to be licensed. The rules vary from state to state what RDs are licensed to do. Licensing is good and bad. It limits so-called “snake-oil” type information, but it also limits recommendations that aren’t within the government and insurance recommendations. A traditionally trained RD will support the conventional medical treatment and diagnoses offered by a medical doctor to address symptoms and manage medication side effects.
Nutrition Therapists generally are required to have college degrees, conduct hands-on and classroom learning, and are eligible to take National Board Exams for Holistic Nutrition Professionals. These are generally unlicensed positions, though the rules vary by state. Nutrition Therapists approach health from a holistic standpoint – working toward addressing the root cause of illness, rather than symptom management.
“Nutritionist” and “Health Coach” generally don’t have specific definitions – some are more highly trained than others – and some may also be eligible for National Board Exams. It is important to check the exact training of a professional using these designations.
The bottom line is, you need to look past the certification and determine exactly what type of training the professional has, what their methodologies are, and their legal scope of practice.
Why Consider Nutrition Therapy?
You are the driver of your life. Sometimes you just need some clarity on which direction to head – nutrition education can help you understand why to make certain decisions. I am here to give you some insight, guidance, and tools so that you can move in the direction YOU want for yourself.
But it’s YOUR decision where we go from there!
You deserve a holistic approach with tangible results- one that works. One that suits and serves you.
Who Seeks Nutrition Therapy?
A wide range of people seek a Nutrition Therapist Master (like me) to:
- Prevent or reverse Type 2 Diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Manage autoimmune conditions and reverse symptoms
- Limit or eliminate unnecessary medications through improving health
- Improve overall lifestyle, reduce toxic exposures, and manage stress
- Lose weight and keep it off
- Balance hormones
- Improve mood stability, reduce depression and anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Repair gut imbalances and nutrient absorption
- Improve detoxification pathways
- Learn how to eat for health and longevity
- Find the best nutrition plan for their body and life that isn’t a “diet”
What Happens during a Session?
Each session is tailored to you – addressing your questions and working together to determine the next best step toward your goals. Ultimately, you will receive the education on how to make the best choices for your body so you will know how to modify your plan throughout your life.
Rather than the typical 7 minutes you get with a doctor once a year, you’ll have access to several hours each month for direct conversation and support to ensure you are fully prepared and confident in the plan.
Topics Addressed in Nutrition Therapy:
– Eating more mindfully to improve your relationship with food and develop a healthier lifestyle.
– Developing strategies for following through on new goals, habits or commitments that will help support your wellness needs.
– Identifying how nutrition can play a role in chronic conditions and symptoms
-How poor gut health can be the main root cause of chronic conditions and symptoms
-Understanding the role of food sensitivities in preventing wellness
-How genetic factors and family history of disorders influences nutrition and lifestyle strategies
-identifying toxin exposures and repairing the body’s ability to detoxify
All sessions are available virtually via phone or video call, no matter where you live. Nutrition Therapy sessions are conducted via:
- Twice monthly calls up to 30 minutes each
- Quick check in calls on opposite weeks (up to 15 minutes each)
- Online secure client portal for document/resources sharing and communications
- Unlimited messaging support via the online portal
- Analysis of foods consumed
- Review of completed lab work and physical assessments compared with optimal ranges
- Recommendations on additional lab and physical testing (testing cost not included)
- Recommendations for nutrition protocols and/or supplements to assist in your journey (food & supplement cost not included)
- Recommendations for lifestyle strategies to round out your holistic plan
Healing is a journey, not a recipe.
If you’re tired of hearing there is “nothing wrong” with you even though you feel terrible…or you’re tired of loading up on medications and other substances just to get through the day… Nutrition Therapy is just the solution.
Nutrition Therapy covers more than just what to eat and when – it’s a holistic approach to living a healthy life. There are no magic pills or superfoods that will heal everything – just like you can’t exercise your way out of a bad diet!
Schedule a consultation today to discuss your personalized nutrition treatment plan!
You may also enjoy this content: