Researchers have studied the “Blue Zones” – the 5 areas of the world with the healthiest, oldest populations. There are 7 key takeaways to be learned from these populations.
Today’s video explains these 7 points.
1. Grains aren’t our friends.
2. Large amounts of animal proteins are detrimental. Proof: carnivore animals sleep most of the day; plant-eaters are active most of the day. Look at lions vs giraffes.
3. Insulin levels make a huge difference.
4. What we’ve thought about metabolism is wrong.
5. Iron levels contribute.
6. Saturated fats aren’t the enemy – but the source matters.
7. Cow’s milk is not a great choice.